Tuesday 20 December 2011

Caricatures by Lou



I am Lou. I live in the Seattle area and I love the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I am married with no kids.

I've been drawing live caricatures at events since 1995. In that time I've drawn caricatures for Microsoft, Starbuck's, Eddie Bauer, Boeing and numerous other companies. I earned a degree in graphic design and since then, I've been doing digital work using a combination of pen & ink combined with Photoshop.

I think my style is constantly changing. I'm constantly studying different styles of caricature to further define my style.

There are two quotes Bruce Lee said that sums it up best:

"Art is the expression of the self. The more complicated and restricted the method, the less the opportunity for expression of one's original sense of freedom."

"Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it".


That's what I strive to do every day to become a better caricature artist.

The thing I like most about mu style is that I strip away the nonessentials and simplify the caricature, instead of overcomplicating it.

The thing love most about doing caricatures is the joy caricature brings to people’s lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment